Sunday, September 20, 2009

Daily life...

Sorry if this is a little boring... it's just a little update on our daily life.

Well, the summer's been over for about a month, and life's definately been keeping us busy! During the first week of September, we went up to Idaho and saw my side of the family. It was so great to see family again. :) The next Thursday we finally got to move into our apartment. The living room is MUCH bigger than our last place, but there's much less storage too, so that's been a little tough. Our ward seems to be really great! Everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

School's been going well too. I've got all health-related classes (infectious diseases, health promotion, intro to public health, and 3 different chronic disease prevention classes) and Parker's got a varity (Philosophy, Sustainable building, D&C, spanish, and volleyball).

We've been very excited about the BYU Football season. We've got the All-sports pass so we were especially excited to go to the first home game. Alas, we were very disappointed. I still have confidence in BYU, but Parker claimed he just might give up on BYU and never cheer for them again. I don't believe it, but none the less, he was very disappointed in them.

That's about it! I can't think of anything else right now that might be mildly interesting. Maybe that's because I keep thinking about the vaccine research homework I need to do for tomorrow.

I'll finish up with some pictures from our Idaho visit...

Eating at Craigo's after our quick trip to Rexburg... so delicious! Parker and I on our way to Rexburg... Playing with cell phones...
They were having a staring contest. :)

Side Note: The other evening I was expressing to Parker my discouragement at the fact that our apartment was still horribly unorganized, and I was feeling swamped with homework, and nothing seemed to be going right that day. Anyways, I went to bed while Parker was still working on homework, and when I woke up in the morning, everything was organized! The dishes were all done, the garbage taken out, the boxes in the living room were put in the 2nd bedroom (our "storage" room, for now) and the storage room was organized. I don't know how long he must have stayed up to do it all... I'm sure it was into the wee hours of the morning... but it was awesome! Parker said he didn't know anything about it. "It must have been elves." I love those elves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment