Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our Weekend

It's funny how some weekends seem to be pretty open with no real plans, but yet our time just gets filled up! He're what kept us busy this weekend.

Friday:
-Breakfast at Kneaders with Parker's cousin, Chris, who was in town from California.
-Class (sort of... both of our classes ended up being cancelled, but Parker didn't know it until he got there.)
-Maren had a fun reunion/get-together with friends from high school to chat and catch up.
-Grandma Hilton came to stay with us overnight. She took us out to dinner at Panda Express(Yum!) and we watched Wall-e on our new tv.

Saturday:
-Maren had a practice/rehersal with the primary for the program.
-Parker went to the temple.
-Maren studied for way too long and took an infectious disease test.
-We hung out with Todd (Parker's friend and former roommate) and his girlfriend, Alayna, and played games and watched another movie.

Sunday:
-The primary program went awesome! The kids (all 4 of them :) did a wonderful job! Maren loves her calling.
-Parker wanted Jello so he made it (mostly) all by himself, and Maren wanted Blueberry pancakes, so that's what she made.
-Parker went home teaching.
-Maren prepared singing time stuff for next week.
-Parker did D&C homework while Maren did the dishes that had piled up over the weekend... way too many!! At least she didn't have to do them in a bathtub, right mom? :)

And here we are. The weekend's practically over and we're back to school tomorrow. I know our lives aren't super exciting, but we enjoy ourselves for the most part. :) I feel like we have a decent amount of free time (or at least relaxing time), but I feel so busy, and I know life doesn't usually slow down as we get older. I just need to try and take some deep breaths and enjoy life.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading about your life. And yes, hurray for kitchen sinks! Definitely something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete