There has been one wall in our living room that has been giving me problems. I didn't really know what to do with it with the couch and the TV where they are (and not able to move much). Here's what it looked like, you can even see where we touched up the paint. I don't know how to get rid of those glossy spots. :( Oh, and fyi, those chair's belonged to Parker's great, great grandma! Awesome. The table doesn't really go, but that's another project, let's focus on the wall.

After being inspired by
this blog, (which I love!) specifically
this wall in her house, I thought, "I can do that, or at least something like it." So i got to it, and looked at Ross and TJ Maxx for shelves and frames for cheap-ish. With Parker's help, we got started...

Once we were sort of done, it looked like this, but needed some rearranging. This took some time, a day or two to leave it then come back.
This is what it looks like now (minus the bag on the chair)! I wish I had more accent thing like she did, but for now, I like it, I think, and it definately makes the room feel more even, and less lopsided, (like everything in on the opposite wall, does that make sense?).

So, does it need something more? Does it need less? Is it too much? I hope it's not, because it's tough to rearrange... please just tell me it's fine. :)
I like it! I know how you feel though. When they are empty walls you just feel blah,
ReplyDeleteI love it Maren!! You did a great job! I wouldn't change a thing. I wish I could have gone to Utah this weekend...lame! But I'm coming to visit this summer a lot since your going to be all by your lonesome and i've had a taste of what it would be like without your hubby around, I don't like it, and I'm sure you don't either. I will bring Anna and we will partaay. With my job we can shuttle for free! :)
ReplyDeleteThe wall looks great now! Is that your front door?
ReplyDeleteKaren and I think it looks great! Well done, Maren & Park; you guys make a great team. You dreamed it and it looks like Parker built it! (Just like the Magleby slogan- ask Parker) Maren, get well soon!
ReplyDelete