Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No Fretting!

As mentioned in the previous post, the Valentine's Day gifts did not arrive as planned, but sometimes it's fun to get packages for no reason at all, right? :) Parker and I had a wonderfully relaxing Valentine's Day and President's Day. We didn't do anything spectacular, but we relaxed at home together, made breakfast and dinner together, got caught up on house-hold chores together, watched the olympics together, you know, fun stuff like that. It was wonderfully relaxing.

It was great to have a break but now that I'm back into the work week I feel swamped! I don't know how people do it all, because I feel like I'm just doing the basics of work and school and I can't keep up. I've been trying to be better at time-management and using my time wisely and all that (Right now I was supposed to be writing a paper about whether or not there are adverse health effects to living near high voltage overhead power lines... if that's not fun, I don't know what is!) but it's hard when I feel worn out and want a little break (I have been on campus since 7:30 this morning and won't be home until 8:00 at the earliest... sometimes I feel justified in taking a break). Anyway, the point of this was not to complain about how busy my life is, but just explain how I'm trying to take one day at a time and take deep breaths and stop fretting. :) I really am blessed to have everything I do, and that's a great reminder for me to recognize that these stressors (getting an education and earning an income, among other things) are really a blessing. Isn't life wonderful!?

1 comment:

  1. I loved this entry! It was good to know what you're feeling and thinking. And you're absolutely correct that having something valuable to do every day is a wonderful blessing. And I think you're handling your "blessings" in a great way!

    ReplyDelete