Austin's blessing day was great! He was blessed on August 28th, 2001. It was a bit of a quick decision to do it the week we did, but most everyone was able to come and celebrate with us. Parker gave him such a wonderful blessing. We made pulled pork for sandwhiches and invited everyone to bring a salad or dessert. The meal turned out quite nice, although it was hot! We gathered at the pavillion/play area of our condo. I went shopping with my mom on Friday to purchase the meat, buns, drinks, paper products etc. We purchased for 60 guests. On Saturday, Parker and I started counting people who we had confirmed were coming and reached 96! I sent Parker to the store for more supplies, and it's a good thing I did, because that count was about right on to how many people were there. It was great to see so many loved ones! Thank you to all who came.
It was such a busy day that I actually didn't get any pictures of Austin or our family (partially because I planned to do them after dinner, but his special white outfit didn't make it that far- it had to be washed) so the next Sunday we took these. They're one week late, but better late than never!
Thanks for posting... I love the pictures!
ReplyDelete