Sunday, September 4, 2011

Oh Baby!

I'm so behind on things I want to post about that I don't know if I should actually try to go back and post them, or just start here and move forward. I think I'll try and go back a little, but otherwise I'm just going to move on. Basically, our little man is almost two months old now, and I don't think I could have asked for a more perfect baby! He sleeps and eats well most of the time (see below... Cuteness!). It's the times when he doesn't follow his eat, wake-time, sleep routine that throw us for a loop. Those are rare, maybe just a couple times a week. Usually he eats every 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours during the day, and lately he's gone about 5 to 6 hours between feedings at night. Not bad at all!
We got home to Utah a little over a week ago and had a whirlwind of activity with family visiting (which was SO fun), then suddenly it was gone. Monday morning after everyone had gone home was a little strange. It was exciting to move back into our home and get Austin's room fixed up, but it was a little adjustment for me being on my own without my family's constant help. I think it was difficult for Austin also because he was quite a bit more fussy on Monday and Tuesday. He just seemed to want to be held all the time and wouldn't sleep for more than five minutes during the day (no exaggeration) if he wasn't held. He's doing much better now sleeping well on his own on a somewhat regular schedule.

So... September 3rd was a big day for college football, and Austin, being the BYU fan he is, wanted to show his school spirit. Unfortunately, his BYU onesie is too big for him still, but thanks to Grandma Deb he had back-up apparel that suited the occasion. He wasn't so happy about it in the picture when he was tired and hungry at 10:30 pm, but trust me, he loved it. :) As you can see in the photo, Austin was ready to play football himself in his "baby armour" and wristbands, and his socks helped everyone know which team he was rooting for. The packaging for his clothes said the fabric "wisks moisture from the body, keeping the athlete dry" so naturally I began referring to Austin as "our athlete." What a champ.In other news, Parker opened our front door late Saturday night to find a leaf bug resting there. You don't see that everyday, at least we don't. It was not a small bug, and unfortunately it was smashed on our doorstep when we left for church the next morning. I'll spare you the photo, but understand this bug is large enough that clean-up is needed, (although it hasn't been done yet). Gross.
You may notice that if you click on the above paragraph it takes you to a secret hidden photo of Austin practicing his wailing rockstar pose, just imagine a microphone in his fist and you'll see what I mean. I don't know how I managed to do that linky thing (or get rid of it), but, you're welcome. I need blogging help...

2 comments:

  1. I tried clicking on the photo to see the secret photo of the wailing rockstar, but it didn't work. :( So just post it. He's so cute!!! You know what... He's looking a lot like Parker, especially in the bottom picture. I'm glad he's getting better about not needing to be held all the time. I figured he'd have withdrawals after all the attention he got here. Love the pictures. Do you have any of Austins blessing day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maren he is beautiful, I just love him! That is really good that he is sleeping 5 to 6 hours at night. Soon it's is going to be 7-8 hours, then 9-10 hours. I really treasure my sleeping hours these days :)

    ReplyDelete