Friday, March 23, 2012

Solid Foods


Austin loves to eat solid foods. We started at 6 months so over time he's tried a few different fruit and veggie purees. So far I've made all his food, and usually enjoy doing it. I cook a large batch and freeze them in my perfect cube ice cube trays.  I read this blog post to help me get started. Click the link to look at her beautiful baby food cubes. Love! Because I want to remember how he liked various flavors, I'm recording them here with a scale of 1 to 10 on how much he likes them (as far as I can tell, because ya know, he doesn't talk).

Apples-8
Pears-9
Blueberries-10!
Bananas-6
Green Peas-4
Broccoli-1
Cauliflower-3
Zucchini-2
Avocado-2
Carrots-8
Sweet Potatoes-8
Butternut Squash-8
Rice Cereal-2 when plain, no problem when flavored with another fruit or veggie
Gerber Puffs- 5, he seems to make a funny face every time we give them to him, but I think it's because the texture is so foreign to him.

Coming soon on his menu... peaches and/or nectarines, green beans, plums, oatmeal and then protein! I'm a little nervous about pureed meat... it just seems wrong.

3 comments:

  1. I could never puree the meat. I think Maya went meatless for quite a while. I think I may have attempted it once with our spaghetti/meat sauce, but I agree...pureed meat seems way to weird. Yay for Austin and eating such a variety of foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How organized and organic of you! You're such a good momma! Cohen's list looks like this:
    McDonald's fries: 10
    Chick-fil-a fries: 10
    Taco Bell soft taco: 8
    Homemade cookies: 12
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun reading what Austin likes. Summers comment is hysterical. She better watch out, he already has the taste buds of a teenager! That sounds very much like the extent of Sarah and Cami's preferred diet as well!

    ReplyDelete