Thursday, June 20, 2013

Father's Day

We had a fun father's day. We went to church as usual. Afterward we came home for lunch and Austin napped. Once Austin woke up we all went to visit Grandma Hilton in her new assisted living home. She seems to like it there and be in better health. Yay! We took Grandma with us to Pioneer Park in Provo and let Austin play at the splash pad there. We enjoyed being together as a family, and Austin seemed to enjoy the water. He was a bit timid, and wanted to have Mom or Dad close by at first. After the park we took Grandma home, stopped by our house just to change and get our food to take to James and Cindy's for dinner. He had a wonderful time with them, as usual. Anna and Drew stayed an extra day (they were visiting this weekend for a wedding) so we got to see them again too. They sure know how to be the super fun aunt and uncle. :) We were late getting home and Parker and I chatted with our dad's that evening. Austin and I gave Parker the movie "Skyfall" and a few pair of dress socks for work. I think he was just as excited about the socks as he was about the movie. He has been in desperate need of them. We had a great father's day and loved celebrating the great men in our lives. Parker and I are blessed to have great fathers and grandfathers. Most of all I'm grateful to Parker for being such a super dad! I knew he would be a fantastic father when I married him, but he honestly has exceeded my expectations. Austin adores his daddy!




Anna and I were eating root beer floats in honor of our Daddy, who is a root beer float connoisseur. :)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved reading the blogs you posted! Makes me think about creating one of my own. It's such a great way to create a family history! Thanks for telling me you had posted again. It was so fun to see you again but wish we could have spent more time with you!!!

    ReplyDelete