Sunday, September 8, 2013

Yesterday

Yesterday was... interesting. Our Saturday began with Parker preparing for his trip to Toronto, Canada. He was wrapping a few things up with work and his calling and, of course, packing his bags. I was getting myself ready for the day, looking after Austin and helping Parker pack. We left our house at 11:45. Parker wanted to stop by Gram's and say hello/goodbye to Gram and Nancy before going to the airport to catch his 1:45 pm flight. As we got on the road, Parker mentioned he needed to make a quick stop at the bank and Walmart (he NEEDED floss. He is serious about his dental hygiene. :) I commented as we were entering the Walmart parking lot that I was worried he was pushing his luck and wasn't giving himself enough time. He assured me there was NO WAY he would miss his flight.

He took those words back when we got rear ended (by an uninsured driver!) pulling out of the parking lot. We were all fine, but our bumper, trunk, and tail light are not. After waiting for the police to arrive and filling out the necessary paperwork we were finally back on the road at 12:45, very concerned that Parker's flight would be leaving in an hour, and we were still a half hour away from the airport.

Well, he made the flight. Barely. Miraculously!

As I was laying in bed that night trying to fall asleep, I kept thinking about my day. It was certainly a rough start. However, we were all safe and sound. Parker made his flight. No one was injured in the accident. Our car is still drive-able. The guy who hit us was apologetic and agreed it was his responsibility to pay for the damages. Austin and I had a lovely afternoon with Gram and Nancy (who also treated us to dinner). I was able to have a nice chat with my mom, and my cougars beat Texas in an exciting upset.

I felt so blessed! Because I am. :)

Side note- There's nothing like having Parker gone for a night to make my imagination run wild with scary what-if scenarios. Why do I do that to myself!? Please tell me I'm not the only person who does this.

No comments:

Post a Comment