Friday, February 12, 2010

I Never Know...

I never know what to title my posts. I'll have to work on that.

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so here's a little update! We still like our house, and we're still not completely organized. We had a little bit of a set-back when I got the flu. I didn't do anything productive for about 4 days. When I got better, I went back to work where my hours have now doubled, so that gives me less time as well. Anyway, the point of this story is that things aren't quite in order, and that is why you have not seen pictures. :)

Story time: On Wednesday, I was still recovering from the plague, but since I'd gone to the doctor the day before and been told I probably wasn't contagious, I didn't feel too bad about going out in public. For that reason, I decided I was well enough to take my drug abuse test. I was a little worried I wouldn't do very well because I felt like I was out of the school mentality since I hadn't been to a class in 6 days, but I also just wanted to get it over with. When I sat down and got started on it I felt pretty good. I answered the essay questions, but on question two of the multiple choice portion I looked down and saw a little black spot on my wedding ring. I soon realized a diamond was GONE! What!? I'd only had my band for a month and a half(not my wedding ring, just the band that Parker gave me for our anniversary in Dec.) and already it was falling apart (ok, maybe that thought was a little dramatic)! Sad day! Through the whole remainder of the test I tried to concentrate on the questions, but half the time I was trying to think of what I did that could have knocked it loose or where it could be and wondering if the jeweler would replace it. ??? Periodically I would look at the carpet around me to see if I saw a sparkle (while thinking, "this is rediculous, there's no way I'm going to find it here!"). I was pleasantly surprised when I ended up with a 92% on the test, and we took my ring to get fixed without any problems, thank goodness for the warrenty. (This story is way longer than it ought to be... sorry 'bout that) Essentially, I realized a diamond fell out of my ring while I was taking a test and I was very distressed, but everything was ok in the end. It caused quite and uproar in my life so I had to give you all the details. :)

Lastly, let's talk about Valentine's Day. It's in 2 days, and I'm fretting because a couple of items I ordered online for Parker have not yet arrived... sigh. It's not the end of the world. Everything will be ok. Parker will still love me, because he's great like that. :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your story. I'm glad to hear replacing and repairing won't be a problem with the ring. I'm still looking forward to seeing pictures of your place. I have some things I wonder if you might want to have. Are you going to do an Americana type kitchen still?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your story!!!! I'm sorry you were sick. :( Love you! How was Valentine's day?

    ReplyDelete