Saturday, June 18, 2011

Less than a month!

Baby Austin will be here in less than a month! A week ago I left Utah and came to Oregon, and the day after (Friday) I had my 36 week check-up with my new doctor. I had the group B strep test done, and I'm already dialiated 2.5 cm and 75 % effaced! Apparently that's pretty unusual to be so far along this early on, but it's good news because the Doctor said he would induce me on Tuesday July 12th if the baby didn't come before then.
Unfortunately, the following day, Saturday, I came down with a cold. I've decided that it should be against the laws of nature to get sick when you're over 36 weeks pregnant because dealing with extra fatigue when I already have very minimal energy is not fun. It was already hard enough to sleep without the coughing and stuffy nose... and I need to store up all the sleep I can! :)
It's been so nice to be with family. If I have to be sick it's nice to at least have them around to help take care of me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Maren it is getting so close!! You are pretty far along in the labor process already, that's really good. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not fun having a cold I'm miserable with just a cold so I can't imagine having one on top of being pregnant.. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited to see you and the little guy.

    ReplyDelete