Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

Our family had a wonderful Easter Sunday. The only thing that would have made it better is if we hadn't been so late to church. I had a fun time filling Austin's Easter basket (although the the book wouldn't fit...). I filled eggs with peach Gerber puffs for Austin and nerds jelly beans for Parker and I. Have you tried the nerds jelly beans? They're fabulous, and I've never really been a fan of jelly beans. Austin seemed to love the basket. We had a hard time getting his attention for a picture! 




After church we had a barbecue with some friends.  Parker grilled steak, chicken and salmon (I marinated the salmon and it was amazing!!) and the other families brought side dishes and drinks.
 Austin hung out in his stroller most of the time.


 This is what he does if he's not buckled in. He can sure wiggle and squirm.
 It was such a perfect day for a picnic. We all had such a fun time. The kids ran around while the adults chatted and threw around a football.


And, what is the real reason we celebrate Easter? Our savior, Jesus Christ lives. He was crucified and three days later rose again. Because of him we can all repent and be resurrected.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for all the recent updates! I think its fun to know what your up to! I often get bored so I spend a little time on facebook and the blog to check thing that are happening in peoples lifes. Yes I need to get a hobby or something! Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it looks like the Easter bunny done a good job! Austin is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete