Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Teenage Saturday

Parker had a Living Scriptures work meeting on Saturday from 9:00 to 3:00. After the meeting the company took the managers to a family fun center called Boondocks for the rest of the day and invited the wives to come along. Parker and I had a blast!

  • We rode go carts- I've never done that before, so it was fun to try. It made me a little dizzy and the exhaust was terrible...
  • Bowled- I had a strike and bowled a 96, which is average for me. Parker had two strikes in a row and bowled a 147ish.
  • Tried out the batting cages- I did better than I expected hitting softballs. It was one of my favorite activities, although my left hand is terribly bruised. Parker did great, as usual. 
  • Played arcade games- We really liked the basketball shooting and deal or no deal games. We won lots of tickets and picked out cheap toys to fill Austin's Easter basket. Don't tell him. 
  • Played laser tag- Another thing I'd never done before. Our team lost, but it was sure fun! If we'd had more time we would have done it again!
  • Played miniature golf- I had THREE holes in one. Mini golf is definitely my best sport ;) However, Parker had two holes in one of his own, and is much more consistent, so he won. 
  • We ate a delicious catered dinner complete with cheesecake for dessert. 

The day was marvelous, and completely took us back to our teenage years. Can't wait to go again. :)

1 comment:

  1. We love Boondocks too. We'll have to plan going together sometime!

    ReplyDelete