Warning: this is probably going to be a little long, but hopefully somewhat interesting...
Well, we didn't move to Cincinnati. We looked for housing and found a place and then decided that moving wouldn't be worth it because we probably wouldn't be there for more than two weeks. So, we planned to move to Columbus instead. We had to be out of the Riverfront Motel by 11:00 on Sunday, June 14th (Happy Anniversary to Adam and Shanna!!). We decided to make the move that day after church. Parker set up housing for everyone (we were all going to live together in a 3 bedroom town home) and was in contact with the landlord, Jaime, but we learned that she wasn't quite as organized as we would have liked. When we got to the place, with our car packed full of stuff, we found out there were two people living there already, and they didn't have any plans to move out! Well... Jaime was trying hard to make it work out for us. She said 3 of the guys could live there and then there was a bedroom down the street in another one of the town homes that was open. Well, two guys lived in that place too. So... We tried to explain that as a team we were all planning on living together. The guys leave all day so I'm there all by myself, and they couldn't just leave me there with two strangers. But, Jaime didn't get it. She didn't think it would be weird at all to have all of us live with two other guys. In my head, I'm thinking, "it's already a little strange for me to be living in the same house as 3 other guys, but at least I know them, and it's not forever, so no big deal. I'm sorry, living with two strange college boys kind of is a big deal, and it's not going to happen." Jaime kept saying, "well I'd be willing to come sit with her... I would be comfortable leaving my own daughter with them." Parker was trying to explain, "it's not like Maren needs a babysitter or anything like that. It's just a matter of being comfortable in your own residence. It's just not ok, so unless these 2 guys move out, this isn't going to work out." Well... to make a long story a little shorter, we didn't move in there. We were homeless, and it was Sunday, so trying to find a place wasn't really an option. We ended up meeting some really nice members of the church who offered to let Parker and I stay at their house that night, and Kevin, one of the sales guys, has an uncle in Columbus where the rest of the guys stayed. The next morning (Today) was fine. Parker got up first and was showered and ready for the day. He was going to start looking online for places to live and suggested I shower and get ready so when we find something we'll be ready to go. I agree, so I put down my computer go shower, get dressed, put on lotion and make-up, do my hair, brush my teeth... well at least start to. After having my toothbrush in my mouth for about 3 seconds I think to myself "this feels weird. This doesn't taste minty at all, I don't taste anything, and it doesn't feel like paste, but I know I put toothpaste on my toothbrush...????" A floral/lotion taste hits me about a second later... and I realize I but my sparkling peach body cream (which is white, is just as thick as toothpaste, and comes in a tube only slightly bigger than the toothpaste tube) on my toothbrush. They were right next to each other on the counter, and in my zoning out/stress of being homeless, I made a little mistake... gross. Thankfull, brushing with minty toothpaste got rid of the floral taste in my mouth pretty quick. Well, after hours of searching for someplace to live, we've found a lead and hopefully it will work out! We'll see....
Maren, I love you :D
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny! I'm sorry about you lame housing. Hopefully this new place will work out! I didn't know you were staying with all of them...thats crazy! We both miss you and hope everything goes lots better. We love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish we lived there... you guys could just stay at our place! We love you and will pray for you!
ReplyDelete-Merrill and Karen
Haha! Oh man! That's too funny about the toothpaste! I hope you guys find a place quickly! We need to get together soon! :)
ReplyDeleteSilly Maren!
ReplyDelete